Potential sound effects and music for preliminary task

I have thought about any potential music and sound effects which I would like to use in my preliminary task. I have am going to look BBC sound effect's library, as well as browsing through CD's in my colleges music library. 

I have also included many sound effects, such as crowds cheering/being quiet, and the noises of tennis balls being hit, in order to resemble a tennis match. This creates authenticity and enhances verisimilitude for listeners. 











The music I chose for my jingle was Skate Rock, which is a commercialized version of skate music. Before choosing this, I listened to other radio stations of this genre, such as Talk Sport, which included similar music. After conducting further research, I figured Sport genres use rock music in their jingles as they have a predominately male audience. The average age of audiences who tune in to this genre of radio are usually around 40, who enjoy indie rock music. Therefore, I added more of a beat to make it more appealing to younger audiences. I also added a chorus effect (delay effect), along with filtering and equalizing the sound at the end, whilst Sound taking out parts of the sound apart from the middle frequencies. I did this because its what they do on normal radio station jingles. Music library files means they are designed to last a specific amount of time, which is why its good and works well for radio jingles

The music which I chose also has a very high tempo which suggests rapid physical activity. This is significant as my chosen genre is a sports show. The fast tempo will also engage listeners as it has created an anticipation of excitement.



Below is my final edit of the sound effects for the tennis match:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different types of jingles

Evaluation - technologies

Evaluation - different institutions distribution