Evaluation - different institutions distribution

My final radio show is called North Side fm, and is a local radio show, targeted towards younger listeners within North London. I portrayed this through the news stories being locally situated within this area, by choosing adverts which I felt would appeal to a target audience of 16-28 year olds and creating a jingle which made reference to North London. 

My radio show is similar to existing radio stations, such as Kiss and Capital FM, in relation to the kinds of contemporary chart music they play, which is based for a similar target audience, in reference to age and gender, as mine is. Despite these similarities, our stations differ on the basis of the kinds of news stories which are included in their news bulletin. For instance, Kiss and Capital share a lot of national news stories as well as local news stories around london, whilst Northside fm focuses on purely local stories which have happened within the area that the show is broadcasted in. 



Global is a British media company, which was formed in 2007. It owns a large number of different radio stations, all operating across the UK. Global has followed a specific strategy, which focuses on several existing radio station brands, such as Heart, Capital and Classic FM. Capital is geared towards a similar target audience to my radio show, thus inferring how it is suitable to Global radio to own North Side fm as well. Global radio is also committed to improving opportunities for young people across the UK. For example, they have raised money to support small children's charities and train the talent of broadcast and media at their school. My target audience will find this appealing, as it directed towards their age group, which highlights another reason as to why it is appropriate for them to own my radio station. 

Below is a link to their website:

Global Radio

North Side fm is a local radio show. Therefore, I have ensured that my news stories have all taken place in areas within North London. For instance, I have included crime stories in Camden Town, Club openings leading to protest in Muswell Hill, a Vegan restaurant scandal in Archway, as well as mentioning local schools which were hosting performances in order to raise awareness from a woman from Camden. Each of my jingles reference where my show is broadcasted, along with my Pure Gym advert mentioning Archway too. 

In order to highlight this, below i have included my four news bulletins, jingles and my Pure Gym advert: 




This audio file of my jingles is before I have edited the sound of Alex's voice. 





I have also included a few of the sound effects I thought about using in my news stories, such as City traffic and high street noises. This in order to provide authenticity, and to make it believable that the news stories were taking place in North London. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different types of jingles

Evaluation - technologies