Introduction to jingles

Across my radio show I am going to create to a variety of different jingles, which will give my radio show and station a individual and clear identity. In preparation for this, I have listened to a range of different stations, with different jingles. This has given me an idea about the way in which jingles are constructed. I have also learnt that jingles are regularly played on their stations and the way in which they are made reflects which type of audience will be the listeners to the radio show, along with reflecting what the genre of the station is. This is done through the type of sound effects, music and slogans which are used.

Jingles always include the frequency and the name of the radio station. Some jingles will also mention the presenters name or the show, although not all jingles do this. A lot of the time they are also joined by sound effects or music. 

In order to ensure I use the correct conventions for my radio show, I am going to do further research into different types of jingles which already exist for certain radio shows.  

Below is a site which allows me to listen to a range of different jingles, from both national and local radio stations:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different types of jingles

Evaluation - technologies

Evaluation - different institutions distribution