Audience

I have listened to a lot of different radio stations and concluded that the conventions are dictated by the stations target audience. However, there are still specific conventions which are associated with the medium of radio across all stations. For instance, choice of news stories, presenters tone of voice or the jingle have all been constructed with the target audience in mind. The type of music which is played has to appeal to the target audience of the radio station as well. For example, Magic tends to have an older audience so songs played on this station will come from the 80s and 90s and are designed to appeal to that audiences sense of nostalgia (songs which this audience would have heard in their youth).
Adverts will also appear on particular radio stations, because the companies believe that the audience will buy the products, which are being advertised on the station. 

I am going to carry out both primary and secondary research in order to determine who my target audience is going to be. I will conduct interviews and questionnaires as my primary research, and my secondary research will be research which someone else has already conducted. 

After conducting this research, I have realised that I need to think carefully about who my target audience is going to me for my own radio station. When I am writing my script, choosing my adverts, music and jingle I am going to take into account gender, age and lifestyle, and I will make sure all these are suitable for my target audience. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different types of jingles

Evaluation - technologies

Evaluation - different institutions distribution